Powered By Blogger

Champion EPA-315 w/ Suite Retreat

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

2112

The Suns lost by the way... Rush 2112! Oh man, we might have to spend several days on this album. The year was 1976 and Rush was making it big- this album, many believe (and so do I) was their breakout record. A futuristic concept album, 2112 is brilliant from start to finish. Paraphrasing Side A (2112) tells the story of a guy who finds an ancient instument ( a guitar) and tries to take it to the powers that be (the priests/Solar Federation) and they, of course, bitterly reject him and his 'ancient miracle'. In the end, the guy is so beaten- he dies. Well, thats the really short version anyway...

Hold on a moment... manufactured homes arizona, mobile home, modular homes... There.

The music, the lyrics, the tension on this album is out of this world! Arguably one of the best rock albums in history, I think. Lots of variety in the songs too. Hard driving and intricate parts flow back and forth with quiet acoustic chillness. Every time I listen to it (and I have thousands of times), I get the chills. The B side is totally awesome too- great departure from Side A. All of those songs are like precious gems to Rush fans. Yes, even 'Tears'...

I gotta go, man. We'll pick up with some more about 2112 tomorrow. Too much to cover in one day, and I have a lot more blogging ahead of me today. Let me give you a couple key words to go: manufactured homes, mobile homes, modular homes, Black Hawk Homes of Arizona!

No comments: